News in 2014
General Assembly of European Council of Geodetic Surveyors
21-22 March 2014 Marbella, Spain
The General Assembly of European Council of Geodetic Surveyors (CLGE) was
held at the Hotel Fuerte Miramar in Marbella, Spain, 21-22 March.
An Ice Breaker celebrating the official announcement of the European
Surveyor of the Year for 2014, G.F.W. von Struve, was held on
Thursday, 20 March. Welcome speech by a Councillor of the Mayor of Marbella,
M. Eloy Ortega, and President Andrés Diez Galilea, COITT.
Presentations and addresses by Pekka Tätilä and Jean-Yves Pirlot.
CLGE President Jean-Yves Pirlot opened the General Assembly on
Friday, 21 March welcoming delegates and guests. Andrés Díez Galilea,
Decano of COITT, welcomed the delegates to Marbella.
Twenty-eight member countries were in attendance.
CLGE Treasurer Dieter Seitz presented the accounts for 2013 and
revised budget for 2014. The revised budget is presented as there is an
introduced item of sponsorship from Trimble for the amount of €16,500 as
well as an amount from Leica who is sponsoring €150,000 to be split over 3
years for the Blueparking.com project. This amounts to the largest
income/capital that CLGE has ever had.
President Pirlot introduced the Auditor
Raymond Dhur (Luxembourg) who
announced that he checked the accounts and can report back to the general
assembly that all is in order. The General Assembly unanimously adopted the
report of the Auditors, the Accounts for 2013 and the revised budget 2014.
The President and Board Members gave a brief report on recent on-going
- Integration of the European Branch of the FIG Young Surveyors
- Ongoing consultation process about the IPMS- International Property
Measurement Standards (euREAL, worldwide). The CLGE President has been
appointed as Secretary General of the International Property Measurement
- Worldwide Surveyors Day (in cooperation with the National Society of
Professional Surveyors- USA)
- Essen Intergeo and the CLGE student contest
- The first FIG Young Surveyors Network European (FIG YSEN) meeting in
The President reported on some modifications to the CLGE internal rules.
Several national presentations were made. Mark Wijngaarde gave a
short presentation about his time with CLGE and his retirement stating that
this will be his last participation. Also updates were given on the status
of the CLGE website, social media, national and regional events and
cooperation with international magazines.
Announcements were made of upcoming events, including:
- II CLGE General Assembly 2014 - Reykjavik, Iceland, 26-27 September
- 4th Conference of the European Surveyor - Kaliningrad 1 - 3 July
- CLGE Students’ Contest and Meeting 2014 - in Berlin, during
INTERGEO, on 7 - 8 October 2014
- 2nd FIG YSEN meeting also in Berlin, 7 October 2014
- I CLGE General Assembly 2015, Cyprus (Limassol) - 20 – 21 March
- II CLGE General Assembly 2015, Russia (Moscow) / Dates and theme to
be fixed in Iceland
- I CLGE General Assembly 2016, Albania (city to be fixed – Probably
Tirana) / Dates and theme to be fixed in Cyprus
- II General Assembly 2016, Latvia (city to be fixed – probably Riga)
/ Dates and theme to be fixed in Moscow
- I General Assembly 2017, Switzerland (Lausanne), 100 Anniversary of
IGS - 28 - 29 April
Presentations of the themes of the Generic Thematic part of the General
Assembly were made:
CLGE President Jean-Yves Pirlot and Vice President Pedro Ortiz,
as well as Andrés Díez Galilea closed the General Assembly with some
presents for the organizing committee and board members. The symbols for
organizing a GA are handed over to Gunnar Kristinsson, from Iceland.
All presentations and documents are available at
FIG was represented by FIG Foundation President John Hohol. Also
in attendance was Eva-Maria Unger, Chair-Elect of the FIG Young
The participants at the CLGE Meeting. FIG was represented by FIG
Foundation President John Hohol.
The Board of CLGE with President Jean Yves Pirlot in the middle
29 May 2014